The recipe may look like it takes too many steps to be easy, but believe me, they are so easy and fast to make.
Chocolate Covered Peanut Butter Balls
makes 35 - 40 balls
1 1/2 C Creamy Peanut Butter
3 T Butter
1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
1 1/2 C Powdered Sugar
3 C Milk Chocolate Chips
Option:1/4 slab Paraffin Wax
- In a pan, combine peanut butter and butter over low heat until melted.
- Remove from heat, stir in vanilla, powdered sugar and Rice Krispies. Mix to combine.
- Make balls using a 1" cookie scoop for correct amounts for "two bite" balls. (The mixture from the scoop may also be divided in half for "one bite" balls.)
- Place balls on wax paper lined cookie sheets.
- Freeze or refrigerate until firm.
- In a double boiler, melt the chocolate and wax, if desired. (Wax will help retain the gloss of the chocolate and make it easier to remove the balls when cooled.) Stir until melted.
- Remove from heat, dip balls into chocolate until coated, place on wax paper lined cookie sheets to cool.
- Store in fridge until ready to serve.
We were talking about other things to do beside dip in chocolate. We thought we might make more and drizzle some icing over the tops and them sprinkle colored sugars over them.