Leaves on this Family Tree

Withering Away

Thursday, March 18, 2010

It Might As Well Be Spring

(This is the front flower bed in Spring 2009 . . The bed is not even CLOSE to looking like this yet. We need a bit more of the warm weather for this to transpire.)

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

I just looked out the kitchen window
at the Cherry tree
in the back yard . . .

It is FULL of buds!

When looking over the front porch railing
this afternoon
I noticed that we now have
yellow,
blue
and
white
crocuses . . .
or would croci (not to be confused with the musical legend Jim Croce) work better.

I came downstairs wanting to do a post
and all I could think was:
June Is Busting Out All Over
but
alas,
it isn't June yet.

So, I went on a quest
for a Spring song I know.
I found
It Might As Well Be Spring.

Now, this song refers to
springtime occurrences
when it
"isn't even spring."

But,
I like the song . . .
It is one of those
that makes me
sway back an forth.

So,
as my homage
to Spring,
I give you
the lyrics to
It Might As Well Be Spring.
I’m as restless as a willow in a windstorm
I’m as jumpy as puppet on a string

I’d say that I had spring fever
But I know it isn't spring


I am starry eyed and vaguely discontented
Like a nightingale without a song to sing


O why should I have spring fever
When it isn't even spring


I keep wishing I were someone else
Walking down a strange new street
And hearing words that I've never head
From a girl I've yet to meet


I’m as busy as spider spinning daydreams
I’m as giggly as a baby on a swing


I haven’t seen a crocus or a rosebud
Or a robin on the wing


But I feel so gay in a melancholy way
That it
might as
well be
spring . . .

It
might as
Well be
Spring . . .
Signed,
Take a DEEP Breath and Smell Spring In The Air
( 6514)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reading your comments inspires me to blog more.