Leaves on this Family Tree

Withering Away

Thursday, November 4, 2010

"C" is for Christmas

This evening I started working on the sampler "C" is for Christmas. I put the cutest little pine trees in it and some snowflakes made from variegated thread. I know that true blackwork is done in black, white work is done in white and redwork in red . . . so I guess I should say mine are "colorwork" since I like to put color in my blackwork. 

As a matter of fact, the Blackwork Angel I have on the wall I made in navy blue thread . . . I think it is so sharp done this way. Who ever designed the pattern did a fantastic job . . even from across the room I can see the shadow effect that they placed in the pattern by hanging the size of the pattern in the sections.

Now, it's time to do some "computing" . . . or, better said, checking out my daily sites.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Reading your comments inspires me to blog more.