Leaves on this Family Tree

Withering Away

Friday, January 14, 2011

 
Buffalo Sabres vs the Carolina Hurricanes . . . YES! NHL Hockey . . January 13, 2011 . . 60th Birthday +2 . . my Birthday Present!

In the morning, we weren't sure we were going . . that light, Ivory Snow, fluffy flakes snow was falling and in this part of the world, that could mean a disaster. But, as luck would have it, the got smaller and smaller and fewer and fewer and by 5:00 we were on our way to Athena's Restaurant for Thursday night open faced Prime Rib sandwiches and fries . . .as Rachel Ray say Y*U*M*M*O ! ! ! Their prime rib is so perfectly cooked.

Then on to UB to catch the "subway" downtown. Man, normally we are on the earlier train which is less packed. This one, can you say "sardine can?" Each stop along the way they piled in . . . talk about "standing room only." LOLOL Glad we got on at University Station . . . if not, I know the knee would be "cryin' me a river" of pain. (Yeah . . it still hurts. Not like before, but enough to still be icing and drugging to help it out :0{

Sabres and Stitches . . . what a great day.

Stitch wise, I have another piece of the tote completed for Barb's swap gift. There are, basically, 13 parts and I have 6 done and the 7th almost ready to join. I am playing with the schematics of the tote and am hoping that it will go together quicker that the layout of the original. I just can't leave well enough alone.

Barb, if you are reading this, you are DEFINITELY getting a tote large enough too carry everything you need for a project. Shoot . . you might even be able to put a whole weeks worth of groceries in it. No lie . . LOLOL . . . but I LOVE IT! I just might have to make one for myself. I like nothing more than to keep all of my WIP's in totes so I can grab and go when I need. I have a pair of folding scissors in the change thing-y in the car so I don't have to worry about having scissors in each tote.

Today I MUST get some of the Birthday Presents boxed and shipped. I thought I had 2 days of floss as presents, but I can only find 1 day, so I have to double check again before I send  things off. That really has me stumped!

Oh, I forgot . . . 1 shipment of yarn came yesterday for the Yarn Swap in our Itsy Bitsy Swap and Chat on Ravelry. So that means I can FINALLY get Sylv and Nancy's scarves sent to Sylv .. . . along with Sylv's yarn. It is one of my FAVORITE COLORS! One day I MUST buy some for  myself.

Must leave now and get back to either Barb's tote or another Cross Stitched Christmas Ornament.

Signed,
So Much Time, So Little To DO !







1 comment:

  1. Hey darling, your email address is not correct. It's bouncing back. Did you forget an "e"??

    ReplyDelete

Reading your comments inspires me to blog more.