Leaves on this Family Tree

Withering Away

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Oh, the
weather outside is frightful
but the fire is so delightful
and since we've no place to go
LET IT SNOW, 
LET IT SNOW
LET IT SNOW :0}

Yes,
it is snowing
here in Western New York.
I know,
I know,
I know . . . .
Those of you in the US
are always hearing about
all of the 
"Snow in B'flo."

Well,
since I have been here
that seems to be happening
in the Southern Tier. 
 (The area between B'flo and Penn.)
Here in the Northtowns,
we have had a smidgen
of snow this year. 
Well, maybe 10" altogether,
but,
I mean,
R-E-A-L-L-Y ? ? ? ? ?
What kind of snow is
THAT?

I want S*N*O*W! ! !
Real S*N*O*W!
The kind
that looks like
Ivory Snow flakes
when it falls.
So light and fluffy
that the slightest wind
with blow it around
as it falls.
No strong winds
that make drifts . . . 
just light,
fluffy,
Ivory Snow
snowflakes.


The ""Mayor of Grove Street," 
a man,
lives down the street,
who knows EVERYONE
in town,
has already been
up his side 
of the street,
and down ours.
with his mini-tractor plow.
Now, he's doing it again
with his snow blower.
He is SO NICE
he always goes up
as close as he can
to our car in the drive-way.

Looks like it's time
to make more Scrabble
so we can take some
down as a Thank You.

Now,
it's time to take
the breakfast dishes
out to the kitchen . . . 
Betty Crocker
Confetti Angel Food Cake
and 
Edy's 
Slow Churned 
Peppermint 
Ice Cream . . . 
the breakfast of
the Birthday Girl :0}

Signed,
I'm Now 60 years and 1 Day Old  
(1 Day Older than Dirt) 

4 comments:

  1. And my husband thinks chocolate ice cream with choc syrup and potato chips is bad...Ha!

    I'm with you about the snow - One good big one and come on spring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Paula,
    Do you mean to say it was your 60th Birthday on tuesday? and we missed it. Shame on you for not telling sooner...
    Can I have a home address please I would like to send a little token something to celebrate this milestone. love Jayne

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL...usually people bitch about the snow. Hey, those treats are Cesar's. They're soft, little chews. I've been getting Leo soft ones because he's getting older and I noticed he's having a time chewing hard things. xoxo Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAPPY (belated) BIRTHDAY PAULA!!!!

    We're getting a storm right now so I'll gladly pack most of it up and send it right to you ;o)

    ReplyDelete

Reading your comments inspires me to blog more.