Leaves on this Family Tree

Withering Away

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Stuffing and PIF In The Future

Don't you just LOVE the smell of dressing (stuffing if you wish) baking in the oven?

The husband found a "roaster" at the store yesterday and decided we needed a roast chicken . . .  so today, it is in the oven, resting on a bed of turnips, carrots, parsnips and potatoes.

The smells coming from that and the dressing are overpowering. I told him I was just going to put the dressing bowl in front of me, put some veggies on it, grab a big serving spoon and eat myself into oblivion. I truly love roasted vegetables. I consider the meat they are cooked with as a necessary flavoring. I don't need it to eat . . just to flavor the veggies .. . . and I am a signed and sealed carnivore, except in this case. Then, meat be damned, attack those veggies . . carrots 1st!

FYI . . .  i will be posting a Pay It Forward in a day or two. I have been waiting until I knew what I wanted to make. I have found something I like, and I hope the recipients like them also.

So, keep your eyes pealed. It will appear this week.

2 comments:

  1. OH, that sounds great Paula. Nothing better than roasted veggies, stuffing and the like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you tried roasting beetroot - highly recommendable, especially with a 'roast' dinner?!

    ReplyDelete

Reading your comments inspires me to blog more.