Leaves on this Family Tree

Withering Away

Monday, November 14, 2011

Meet Me On Monday

Every Sunday Never Growing Old will post five get to know you questions that you can copy and paste into your own Monday post and we can all learn a little more about each and every one of us!!

Java will add a linky so we can follow who participates and get to know them better!! Be sure to link the POST and not just your whole blog!!

Meet Me On Monday


Questions:

1. Does your family/friends know about your blog?
2. What is your favorite card game?
3. What do you wear to bed?
4. What is your favorite kind of French Fry?
5. What is your usual bed time?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
1. Does your family/friends know about your blog?
Yes they do, but they only read it when it gets posted to Facebook, and that is ending soon. When it does end, I can post more pictures for all of you to see . . those are the items I am, have, or will be making for family and friends.

2. What is your favorite card game?
We call it The Silly Game. We used to play it with Amanda, Kevin and her parents, S and BIL when we lived in Indiana. The husband got so into it that Amanda's mother slapped him when he made a certain move . . . how funny since she barely knew him then.

No idea, right now, how it is played . . but it is SO MUCH FUN when we do play it.

3. What do you wear to bed?
Sleep shirts . . all cotton. Started wearing t-shirts to sleep in while in college and have never looked back . . but now, I want something I can "turn around in" as Mom always said, so I but the sleep shirts about 2 or 3 sizes to big . . heaven when sleeping with a husband, a 70 lb dog and 2 or more cats.

Summer Version

This is exactly the print I have on now.
However, my winter jammies are short sleeves and knee length.
I would DIE in long sleeves and long length.


4. What is your favorite kind of French Fry?
Haps East, in Logansport, Indiana fries. Now, since I am not home in Indiana that often, I have to settle for Burger King fried . . and I eat them in a certain way . . . I open up the ketchup packet and dunk the fries in  it individually . . . less drips on road trips this way.

5. What is your usual bed time?
When I taught school . . all 34 years, I had a hard time staying awake until 10:00 pm. . . even in summers and on vacations. But, once retired, and it was almost immediately, I reverted to my childhood sleeping pattern . . staying up as late as possible. The brother even told me, the last time I was home, "Yeah, I can remember Mom and Dad yelling, 'Paula Sue, get to sleep." Heavens, I always kid him that he wouldn't even know he had a sister if his kids didn't remind him. So I was totally blown away that he remembered that.


But,, now, I watch Letterman, a product of Indiana and a graduate of my alma mater, Ball State . . .  LOVED him hen he was on Indianapolis' Channel 13 TV when I was in college.


The picture is of David Letterman when he visited Ball State to open the David Letterman Communications and Media Building at Ball State. The article on this dedication is pretty awesome.

David Letterman Communications and Media Building

Then on to Craig Ferguson . . . who makes me laugh so much I almost pee the bed.
We actually got tickets to see Craig when he was at UB's Performing Arts Center . . . her is so much funnier in person . . no bleeping . . but, then again, he didn't bring the bunny . . LOLOL

Finally, off to visit the husband in dream land. (His head hits a pillow and he is out cold . . oh, to be so lucky?) And, if I'm lucky, I'll sleep until almost 10:00 am . . a gift from the teaching gods for all the years I put in.

1 comment:

  1. 1 - My sister and DD follow me. Others know about it but haven't seen it.
    2 - Pounce. Lay 4 cards out in front of you and make a pile of 13. First to empty the pile wins.
    3 - Nothing. Moving on.
    4 - Homemade fries are BEST!
    5 - 11ish

    ReplyDelete

Reading your comments inspires me to blog more.