Leaves on this Family Tree

Withering Away

Saturday, December 17, 2011

Christmas Cheese Spread

Another CLASSIC for my Christmas Gift Giving.

Parmesan Garlic Cheese Spread

I know it is supposed to be
softened
and spread on crackers.
However
my favorite way to eat it
is for breakfast on toast.
Give it a breakfast try
if you are a garlic person.

**~**~**~**~**~**~**
Ingredients - Makes 2 Cups
1 Cup Parmesan Cheese (grated)
8 oz Cream Cheese (softened)
1/2 Cup Butter/Margarine (softened)
personally, I like mine melted
1/3 Cup Milk
1/8 tsp Garlic Powder
again, I like 1/4 tsp
1/8 tsp White Pepper
Black  pepper is fine, but it shows.
1/2 tsp Dried Marjoram Leaves (crumbled)
Don't look to close . . I couldn't find the Marjoram.
Also, I normally use the Parmesan cheese in the green can (Kraft's?)
but they didn't have it at the wholesale club so I went with their bags of grated cheese.
Mix all ingredients together.
I was making 4 recipes at once . . . half this much would have worked better.
Also, I didn't melt the butter so it isn't as smooth as I line it.
 Store in non-metallic containers.
I use a knife to "cut slices" of the cheese and drop into the jars.
Then, I tap (relatively hard) the jars on the table to make the cheese settle.
Refrigerate at least 24 hours but no longer than 2 weeks.

I used 12 oz jars
(they are leftovers from my MIL).
I made 4 recipes at once.
Instead of 4 jars,
I ended up with 5 . . none filled to the top.
I would suggest using the 4 oz jars.
It makes the recipes go farther
and, unless you are me,
you won't use all 12 oz . . lolol


No comments:

Post a Comment

Reading your comments inspires me to blog more.