Leaves on this Family Tree

Withering Away

Friday, December 16, 2011

Homemade Turtles

First of all,
 I need to show you the GORGEOUS light glass block
 my cousin Debbie gave me for Christmas.
This WAY before
the craft stores started carrying the glass blocks
 with hole cut in them for the lid.
So she had to do all the work.
Came out SO GOOD
I keep it in the kitchen all year long.
Now, on to the

Homemade Turtles

Ingredients
Small Pretzel Twists
Unwrapped Carmels
Chocolate Candy Wafers
Used for making candy.
Usually found in grocery baking dept.
Parchment Paper
The number of ingredients depends
on how many you want.
12 turtles
you need:
12 Petzels
12 Carmels
12 Chocolate Candy Wafers
 
Directions
Preheat oven to 350°.
Place pretzels on a parchment covered cookie sheet.
Top each pretzel with a Carmel.
Warm in oven for 5 - 6 minutes.

Remove from oven.
Add Chocolate Candy Wafer to the top
return to oven for 2 minutes .

Remove from oven
place Carmels (on parchment paper) on a cooling rack.
Top with pecans . . .
gently pressing into chocolate/Carmel.

I told the husband we should call them Turtles on a Lily Pad
the way the Carmel ran on some of this batch.
Let cool completely and store in airtight container.
(Chocolate takes longe to cool than the Carmels.)

The batch shown were our 1st try . . .
recipe is the "fixed-up/corrected"
2nd batch.
They came out BEAUTIFUL
but I wanted to get this posted
so you will just have to believe me.
(Have I ever lied to you?  LOLOL)

1 comment:

Reading your comments inspires me to blog more.