Leaves on this Family Tree

Withering Away

Monday, July 2, 2012

Ice Cream Salad

Just a little treat, from me to you an you. This is my FAVORITE summer dessert.

Tastes like a plate full of Ice Cream Drumsticks!
1 C Brown Sugar
1 Stick Butter or Margarine

2 C Rice Chex (crushed)
2 C Shredded Coconut
1 C Almonds (sliced)
8" x 8" pan
Directions:
Melt Butter and Brown Sugar together . . microwave or stove top is fine

Add Rice Chex, nuts and coconut, mix well
Press 1/2 of the mixture into the bottom of the pan.

Cover mixture with Ice Cream . . spread to edges of pan.
Top with remaining butter/brown sugar mixture.
Cover with foil and freeze.
Leave out 5 - 10 minutes to soften, cut into squares and serve.


~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Hints:
1.
I have used Crispix, Rice Krispies and Frosted Flakes cereals in both name brand and generic. The generic tastes just as good, if not better.
2. Butter or margarine . . mixed with brown sugar they both taste great!
3. Normally, I make a double recipe of the topping mixture . . . I want a nice top and bottom "crust."
 

3 comments:

  1. Stop this - my butt does not need to be bigger! lol Sounds yummy! Now to buy the cereal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your not helping my diet here Paula,

    ReplyDelete

Reading your comments inspires me to blog more.