Leaves on this Family Tree

Withering Away

Sunday, October 14, 2012

Halloween Basket

My neighbor, Alicia (Aiden and Evan's momma) is a real Halloween person. Not one of those3 who goes all out, but she has several decorations she likes to have out . . . her ancestor pictures are the funniest.



When we were over visiting Evan, we were talking about Halloween and, I don't know how it came up, but she doesn't like Candy Corn. I had an Ah-Ha moment . . . I must make her a Candy Corn banner for Halloween. Now, I liked the Candy Corn Banner that Bev, at One Yarn after Another, made for Cat, at Cat's Crochet Corner.



I ordered my yarn from Cat and got started . . . just winging it, like usual. Before I finished them, I found some Halloween Buttons at Joannes, I think.




There is the final result . . . I just loved it . . and so did she. Oh, and the basket was from A C Moore . . .looked like a flat/half pumpkin so it made the gift even cuter. Plus, remove the Candy Corn Banner and it can  be used through Thanksgiving.


You can see how simple it is . . . just a chain "ribbon" woven through the corn, so the corn can be evenly placed around the basket, and tied in the front.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for linking up at my Submarine Sunday link party. I really like this basket! And you Halloween blog layout is cute!

    T'onna

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so CUTE Paula!!! LOVE THIS!! The basket is just perfect, and the buttons are a fun embellishment... Love the bright colors too! VERY nice! ~tina

    ReplyDelete

Reading your comments inspires me to blog more.