Leaves on this Family Tree

Withering Away

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Sock Monkey Socks

I'm in a swap on Ravelry called Kiss Me Under the Mistletoe. It's a swap of Christmas Stockings . . . hum, I wonder "toe" "sock?"

Anyway, my partner wanted a sock that reminded her of the grey work socks her dad wore that they hung up at Christmas. She said they were the type of socks used for sock monkeys.

Here is the result.

Not breaking my arm patting myself on the back, but I think I did pretty good. Specially when I started using a pattern on this latest Crochet Today. But, I didn't want a flat sock joined at the back . . . and a sock where the foot was made and then attached to the leg.

I started with the ribbing, joined it, then started the stocking in rounds . . added the heal, then started the foot in rounds .

It was easier than I thought . . . even though I frogged it a couple of times because my back seam was crooked.

Then, I decided to use the leftover yarn to make Christmas Stockings for Natalie's 2nd Chance Shelter, in Lafayette, Indiana. Hoping to have at east 5 made by the end of Nov to send to them for their gift shop.

1 comment:

Reading your comments inspires me to blog more.