Leaves on this Family Tree

Withering Away

Saturday, November 2, 2013

Christmas Tree Hat

I am SO PLEASED with this hat.

Yes, it has actual mini-lights on it :)
In person it is so much cuter because the lights sparkle.

I knew I wanted to make my great niece a special hat for this Christmas and I new I wanted a Christmas Tree with real "lighted" battery operated lights.


Bad color, but this shows what the actual hat looks like
 before the ornaments and lights are added.

I made the hat first and as you can tell, I TOTALLY forgot that trees have brown trunks. But, when I realized this, I was already working on the crocodile st branches and there was NO WAY I was going back and starting over.

I found the lights at AC Moore in their Seasonal Dept. These are called "Rice Lights" and I am sure they get that name because they are almost as small as a grain of rice.

I did find battery operated mini lights online at Walmart. I knew I needed at least 20 lights, so I had to buy 2 strings of lights . . . Oh, and don't forget, you want lights with GREEN wires.

I thought I could crochet snowflakes small enough for the hat. Even with size 10 thread the ones I made were too big. I was lucky to find the snowflakes and candy garland at AC Moore also.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

If you would like to buy the pattern, it is available for $ 4.99 in my Ravelry Store, "The Fur~Babies Momma." 


***100% of the purchase price for the pattern goes to no-kill animal shelters in Western New York and in my home state of Indiana.***

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reading your comments inspires me to blog more.