Leaves on this Family Tree

Withering Away

Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Back Yard Flower Bed

I have fallen in love with colorful daylilies. Spring Hill Nursery (a mail order nursery for those of you outside of the US, that can have good bargains) had a sale. Not being able to decide, I bought both sets.

We lost two rose bushes by the driveway corner at the back of the house. I figured these would fill in this space with great color.

Below are the groups I bought. Since I threw the bags away that they came in, this will be the only way, next summer, that I will know the colors.


COLLECTION A


Bottom
Blueberry  Candy Daylily  - Heavily budded, repeat bloomer
Around Midnight Daylily - 6" bloom in midsummer

Middle
Didn't say . . guess it will be a surprise since I threw the bags away.

Top
Soft Summer Night Daylily - 5" Flowers, open in the early season and midseason and repeat bloom.
Prairie Wildflower Reblooming Daylily -  5" Blooms, attracts butterflies and hummingbirds



COLLECTION B

Bottom
Black Eyed Susan Daylily: 4 1/2" - 5" blooms, butterflies and birds love them.
Royal Braided Daylily: 5" blooms, reblooms midseason.

Middle
Lavender Stardust Reblooming Daylily: 5 1/2" blooms that bloom over and over from midseason to late summer.

Top
Sunday Gloves Daylily - 5" wide blooms, blooms once in the summer and again in  the fall
Scottish Fantasy Daylily: 5 1/2" blooms, bloom in midsummer and repeat the same season

2 comments:

  1. Wow, can't wait to see them next year, I do love a bargain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Paula...what beauty and what a deal! Please do show us when they bloom. And just think of all these beauties multiplying in your garden. :o)

    ReplyDelete

Reading your comments inspires me to blog more.