Leaves on this Family Tree

Withering Away

Wednesday, January 13, 2016

3 Squares Heart Doily and Diamond Point Doily

My name is Paula and I am a Doily-aholic.
I'll bet Grandma is smiling down on me
and Mom is laughing.

Doily #92 from the book
"99 Little Doilies"
by Patricia Kristofferson
It was done in Bernat Cotton Thread #5
not sure of the color name or the hook size,

Diamond Point Doily CAL
Crochet Memories Blog
Aunt Lydia's #10 Crochet Thread
Antique White and Natural
#7 hook
I LOVE the two colors in the bottom doily.
There is a very subtle change
from one color to the next
but the subtlety draws my eye to it.

I have another small doily from 
99 Little Doilies 
starched and ready to place in storage,

Did you know that a plastic wreath storage container
works PERFECT for storing doilies.
Hum,
wonder how soon I will have it filled ?

DO you have any doilies that are your favorites?
Let me know if you do.
I LOVE to see patterns that others have made.

Hum . . . 
wonder what a Mandala would look 
made from Aunt Lydia's #10 thread
in white, antique white and natural
and any other color close to them.
Bet it would be beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reading your comments inspires me to blog more.