Leaves on this Family Tree

Withering Away

Monday, February 25, 2019

Wayuu Mochila Bags

I have always liked shoulder bags that look like a horses "fee" bag. As a matter of fact, if I could find a feed bag that zipped close at the top I would buy and use it.

Something about this shape soothes my eyes.

I found patterns for what are called "Mochila" bags. They are based on patterns of the Wayuu women of Venezuela and Columbia. I've posted mine earlier but, as of yet, I have not made one for myself.


This is the heart bag I made for myself. It ended up HUGE, but I LOVED the colors and design.
This is the Doxie bag I designed for my BFF,

Somehow a group that helps sell the bags the women make found me on Ravelry and asked if I would like to share their BLOG and some of their bags. (They also told me they would send me a couple bracelets as a thank you . . . with my big wrists, 8 1/2" circumference, I doubt they will fit but that is fine.)

Here are some of their bags . . .  I just wonder why  more people in the USA don't crochet these. They are SO BEAUTIFUL. One day I will learn to weave the strap. I did learn to make the cording through a process called Kumihomo. It looks hard but it is so peaceful.

If you see anything you like, click on the link below and you will be taken to the pictures of all their bags. Have fun seeing all the beautiful patterns.














One day I will have an original :)












https://wayuupatterns.com/en/

1 comment:

Reading your comments inspires me to blog more.