Leaves on this Family Tree

Withering Away

Monday, December 14, 2020

Pecan Jumbles from Dad's Christmas Recipes

PECAN JUMBLES

from the kitchen of Paul L Gaumer

 

                                                    Cookies should be thin and crisp.                                                                                         This is why I said to NOT substitute Hellman's REAL Mayonnaise.                 I substituted and as you can see, mine didn't spread 😟


  • 1 1/2 C Firmly Packed Brown Sugar
  • 1 C Hellman's Real Mayonnaise (DO NOT SUBSTITUTE)
  • 2 Eggs
  • 1 tsp Vanilla

  1. In a large bowl mix the above ingredients together
  2. Stir in the next three ingredients.
  •  3/4 C Unsifted Flour
  • 1/4 tsp Salt
  • 1 C Chopped Pecans
  • 1 C (+/-) Whole Pecans for topping before cooking.

  1. Drop by level Tablespoons full (I use my smallest cookie scoop) 2" apart on a greased cookie sheet.
  2. Top each cookie with a 1/2 Pecan piece.
  3. Bake at 375 degrees F for 8 - 10 minute

 

NOTES:

  1. These cookies should spread out to about 2"apart.
  2. I used Hellman's Mayonnaise made with Olive Oil (Reduced Fat). The cookies didn't spread, as you can tell from the picture. 
  3. My cookies tasted okay but they should end up thin and crisp.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Reading your comments inspires me to blog more.