Leaves on this Family Tree

Withering Away

Thursday, October 16, 2008

Chemo Hat #4

One of the activities of the Crafting for a Cause group does is make chemo hats for the children at UC Davis's Pediatric Infusion Center. I have been looking for interesting patterns that are child size but are not "sock hat" type hats. I figure in Sacramento, CA, the idea of a heavy, acrylic sock hat would be unbearable. The idea of a wool one ie even worse, since the wool would be to harse on a bare head.


I came up with this idea, after working on some coasters. Why couldn't a basic circle grow into a hat?


After some trials, and dare I say, tribulations, this is the pattern I came up with. This hat is sized for an older teen-ager. It could, however, be made smaller by adapting the pattern as I listed.


I hope you enjoy it and send me pictures of how your's turned out.


Crocheting keeps me away from snacks~






Chemo Hat #4









This pattern can be found in my Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/PaulaGaumerTooke



©2008 Paula Gaumer Tooke All Good Dogs
Reproducing or transmitting this pattern by any means for any purpose other than personal or charity use constitutes a violation of copyright law.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reading your comments inspires me to blog more.