Leaves on this Family Tree

Withering Away

Friday, January 2, 2009

Homage to Melissa Mall

I fell in love with the Mini-Sweater pattern that Melissa designed. I don't know how many of them I made... both with the ocrrect neck pattern and the ones that somehow I goofed up!

In time, I wanted to experiment. So here is the result, my homage to Melissa.

The first 7 rows are Melissa's pattern, with my short hand notes so I know what I am doing). You can find her complete pattern at crochetuncut.com She has two different sizes there, where I only ended up with one.

Whenever I look at this pattern I can see it tied on a present for someoine who skis, or tied onto their ski jacket zipper. Like I said, I just fell in love with the basic pattern

Okay, here goes... Melissa's yoke pattern, my bodice pattern and a combination on the sleeves..




Homage to Melissa Mall


Size: 6 ½ " from cuff to cuff



3 ½ “ neck to hem


Material:
Peaches& Cream Teal Ombre
Peaches & Cream White

Crochet Hook: size H

Yarn Needle






NOTE:

middle st refers to the 2nd st in a 3 sc group.


Ch 12, join in a circle with a sl st.
Round 1: Ch 1, sc in each ch around and join with sl st. (12 sc)
Round 2: Ch 1, sc in first sc, *sc in next sc, rep from * around to first sc. Join with sl st. (12 sc)
Round 3: Ch 1. Working in front loops only, sc in 1st st, sc in next 2 sc; (3 sc in next st, sc in next st, 3 sc in next st,) twice, join with sl st to first sc. (20 sc)
Round 4: Ch 1. Working through both loops, sc in 1st st and in next 3 st, (3 sc in middle st, sc to next middle st) 3 times, 3 sc in middle st, sc in last st, join with sl st to first sc. (28 sc)
Round 5: Rep row 4. (36 sts) Round 6: Rep row 4 (44 sts)
Round 7: Ch 1, sc in first sc and in each sc to next middle st, (sc in middle st, skip sts until the next middle st, sc here and to next middle st) twice, sc to beginning of rnd. join White and sl st to beginning.. (26 sts)
Round 8 - 15: CH 3, fpdc with white, pick up blue and bpdc, pick up white and fpdc, pick up blue and bpdc, continue pattern until end of row. Join to beginning.. (26 sts per round)

Finish off white at end of row 15 .

Round 16: With blue, Ch 1, sc in each st. join with sl st to beginning st.
Round 17: Ch 1, sl st in next st, continue to end. Finish off.

Sleeves ... Melissa's basic design wih adjustments I like.
Round 1: Join in armhole at underarm. Ch 1, sc around. (11 sc)
Do not join rounds while making sleeve. (I join my rounds.)

Round 2: *2 sc, sc dec, rep from * around. (8 sc)
Round 3 - 5: Sc around (8 sc)
Round 6: 2 Sc, sc dec, rep from * around. (5 sc)
Round 7: Ch 1, sl st in next st, continue to end. Finish off. (I added this round. I like the way it finishes of the sleeve.)
Repeat sleeve on other side.


This Pattern Has Not BeenTested. Please let me know if you discover an error.
If you decide to copy this following pattern, all I ask is that you leave a comment for me and then send me a copy of your finished square so that I may post the different looks that have been created.

I hope you enjoy this as much as I do.~
(2363)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reading your comments inspires me to blog more.