Leaves on this Family Tree

Withering Away

Monday, August 10, 2009

Busy Little Beaver

My friend Dianne has a new grand baby. Well, not exactly new, she was born in thespring. But, like normal, I am just getting around to furnishing baby presents. Now all I need to do is get her address and send them on their way.


I bought both patterns on eBay. They both look like they have come from pattern books that were printed in the 1970-80's. But, cute baby items never go out of style.


The first item is called a KICKER. From what I have seen, these have been used in Europe so babies can be placed in them, keep warm, and still kick to their heart's content.







The second one is a bunting. For some reason I am in love with baby buntings. Whenever I see a pattern for one I must have it. This one,however, is the prettiest of all of them.













Signed,
One for My Baby and One More for the Road
(2229)

1 comment:

  1. I had no idea the kicker existed. Do you know that I was sitting on the couch last night trying to think up my own version of a bunting and that kicker came in my mind. Straps and all. I can't believe it. I love the bunting too. I've been hunting buntings. lol. My ex-bosses daughter is due around the 4th of July so I wanted to find one I could make and it still be useable come the next winter. I think i'm going to try my own hand at a kicker. Now I'll have to research it. How weird that I think it up on my own last night and here you have it. xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete

Reading your comments inspires me to blog more.