Leaves on this Family Tree

Withering Away

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Ice Cream Salad

Just a little treat, from me to you an yours, for the end of August.


Tastes like a plate full of Ice Cream Drumsticks!



1 C Brown Sugar
1 Stick Butter or Margarine

2 C Rice Chex (crushed)
2 C Shredded Coconut

1 C Almonds (sliced)
8" x 8" pan



Directions:


  1. Melt Butter and Brown Sugar together . . microwave or stove top is fine

  2. Add Rice Chex, nuts and coconut, mix well

  3. Press 1/2 of the mixture into the bottom of the pan.

  4. Cover mixture with Ice Cream . . spread to edges of pan.
  5. Top with remaining butter/brown sugar mixture.
  6. Cover with foil and freeze.
  7. Leave out 5 - 10 minutes to soften, cut into squares and serve.







Hints:


  1. I have used Crispix, Rice Krispies and Frosted Flakes cereals in both name brand and generic. The generic tastes just as good, if not better.

  2. Butter or margarine . . mixed with brown sugar they both taste great!

  3. Normally, I make a double recipe of the topping mixture . . . I want a nice top and bottom "crust."
 
Signed,
I May Not Cook  But I Make A Great Dessert
(17701)

1 comment:

Reading your comments inspires me to blog more.