Leaves on this Family Tree

Withering Away

Thursday, November 18, 2010

My New End Table





It came today. I have to call it THE ULTIMATE  NEEDLE WORKS CADDY. Check this out.

This photo doesn't show it but there is a lid built into it . . .strong enough to hood every remote, a telephone, s bottle or can of pop . . .EVERYTHING a needle worker keeps close by their official needle working spot.

I had found It at Joann.com.It cost $49.99 so, of course, I visited mt local Joann's, Michael's and AC Moore/ NOTHING even close.

Then, last weekend I saw it on sale for $29.99. I figured, "What the heck!"

We had bought a new sofa and love seat for the living room and i DEARLY needed to get "my shit together." I want the living room to look nice, not the yarn/thread receptacle it looks like now. If this was what I hoped, it could fit at the end of either piece of furniture and help me hide stuff.






It came today. Tall, thin package . . .I know the husband wondered what I had gotten on eBay this time.  I shocked him when I took it out and put it together . . . he was looking at me the whole time and I know he wanted to  get his hands on it to put it together . . . it was SO EASY . . and, everything fit perfect!

Then, THE BEST NEWS . . . .EVERYTHING I had laying around fit perfectly in it. Yes, thee gods were smiling down on me.

So, it looks like I might get my wish of a well kept living room . . .now, to find something that will keep the dining room -picked up?

4 comments:

  1. Awesome find!! Thinking of getting one myself because I need to get my crap together too in our living room. are there any other colors available?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea. Also, it looks like you could easily pick it up and move it to another room if you wanted to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool deal and on sale! Not sure I would do the can of soda though. My luck - ploosh - right into the center soaking everything. I can be graceful at times.

    My dining room table is not pretty today. I went shopping yesterday and it's stacked and packed. Sigh - will be cleaning that up and making napkins today instead of stitching.

    Smiles - Denise

    ReplyDelete
  4. :o) Hooray for you!! I need one of those I think. As for the dining room....a sideboard???

    ReplyDelete

Reading your comments inspires me to blog more.