Leaves on this Family Tree

Withering Away

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Yesterday, I believe, Denise (Riverside Stitching) asked about my PT. Orthopaedistis pretty sure, with the bad x-rays wthat were taken, that my left meniscus is torn  . . .which it has been. Now, do they tear again or do they just never heal? I must ask that next time I go it.

He wanted me to have some PT to strengthen the muscles to help support that knee and the right one too, since it has had a torn meniscus too. The exercises have to be ones that don't put weight on the knee . . . and lifting the leg three different ways to work different sets of muscles. Not bad, and I can actually see the benefits in two weeks.

Last Wed. I was started on the Total Gym . . . lying down and pushing myself away from the base (does hat make sense?) I think this is aggravating my back since it has been sorer this past week than it has been in months. You know it's bad when you have to grab hold of the headboard when you want to turn over in bed! I think I shall ask about this one today . . . it hurt after the 1st time and hurt worse after the 2nd.

Signed,
I Just LOVES ME Some PT

3 comments:

  1. I told Pammy Sue earlier that it sux getting old, that our bodies are leaving us. Apparently my mind has decided to join my body. Read what I just posted. I hate this growing old crap!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your award!

    From what my dr told me - it will heal if the edges of the tear are 'sticky'. I have old tears that are not sticky. If the tear is 'outside' the joint he needed to remove the floating stuff. I still have a 1" tear in my left knee. He would repair it but it required 12 weeks off work min. Waiting until it is bad again before having 2nd surgery.

    TTFN - off to work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your award Paula!

    Thank you so much for thinking about me :o) I truly appreciate it. Unfortunately I don't accept awards anymore. If you wish to nominate someone else, please do so. I won't feel bad!

    ReplyDelete

Reading your comments inspires me to blog more.