Leaves on this Family Tree

Withering Away

Sunday, May 29, 2011

Gentlemen, Start Your Engines!




Can't watch the Indy 500 on TV,
It has to be on the radio . . .
An Indiana tradition.

We lived too close to Indianapolis
to get the broadcast on TV.
Listening to Tom Carnegie,
Live from the 500,
was the way too "see" the 500
in your mind.


Plus, you can do a ton of stuff
in the time it takes to "see"
the 500 with your ears.


Dario Franchitti . . . From My Grandpa Watson's Homeland .  . . Scotland


Back home again,
In Indiana,
And it seems that I can see . . .
The gleaming candle light
Still shining bright
Through the Sycamores for me

The new mown hay,
With all it's fragrance,
Through the fields I used to roam.

When I dream about
The moonlight on the Wabash,
Then I long for My Indiana Home.  



Signed,
Forever, A Hoosier At Heart 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reading your comments inspires me to blog more.