Leaves on this Family Tree

Withering Away

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Time to Be Creative

Earlier I showed you some work on a sampler I was doing. Now I want to show you another sampler I am starting. You will IMMEDIATELY see the differences between #1 and #2 and #3 and #2.

#1

#2

#3

I still need top add the vines and leaves to #1. The flowers for #1 will be in the dark pink/mauve and lighter pink/mauve. On #2, I wanted it to look more like Pansies, and I think I accomplished it. Whereas, on #1, I wanted the look to be more Blackwork, but in color, and I think I accomplished that also.

On #3, I wanted the "Maple Leaves" to look like green leaves. On #2, I want them to look like fall . . I think I have a good start on my fall looking leaves.


Now, for the crochet front. The hook has not been silent . just not as busy as times gone by. I L*O*V*E little girls in Bucket Hats. Here is one I just made. I wanted all yellow, but I knew my #3 thread in yellow might not make it, yet I wanted it to look summery. So I added the bands . . gave it a mini-preppie look. Glad I added the bands. There was no way I would have had enough yellow to do the brim. But, in all honesty, I do like the color combination and I think the baby's momma will like it also. Now, to get it mailed to her :0}



Signed,
Hope I have My Yarn/Thread Mojo Back!

5 comments:

  1. Your embroidery/cross-stitch work is beautiful!.. and I love the crochet hat! The stitch pattern on the brim is real pretty too. I don't think I've ever done a brim in that kind of a stitch, and it looks very nice! ~tina

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that hat! The colors are perfect. :o) xoxo Have a wonderful weekend ok?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That hat is gorgeous! What a great combination you created!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Paula. Loving that little bucket hat! Looks perfect for summer. So happy to see you at Tangled Happy. Thanks for you nice comment. Have a happy weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete

Reading your comments inspires me to blog more.