Leaves on this Family Tree

Withering Away

Thursday, September 29, 2011

New 'Puter

The netbook died.
May it Rest In Peace.


It has been a good friend for several years.
Yes,
I have cursed it . . .
Linux sure sucks
and when I couldn't us my MS Office on it
it was more of a pain.

But,
yesterday,
it just died . . .
no power at all
came through the lines.
Now,
I can understand a dead battery . . .
but I figured as long as it was plugged in
but
I guess not.

 I checked the bank account
(Rainy Day savings is great.)
and found I was set
not bells and whistles
but a Dell with Microsoft Office.
Now, to get everything from the
computer in the basement on here.
Then,
will only need to use it when I am doing laundry . . .
only way I stay downstairs to get it all done.

Now, 'tis time to see
exactly what I have here.
Oh, already found out
I can zoom in and out
on the mouse pad . . .
how cool is that!

2 comments:

  1. I was looking at the new tablet from Amazon last night. No need for one - but looking is fine!

    Glad you had the rainy day fund and got a new toy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need a new one at home badly. I have an old desk top and my old laptop but both are on their last legs. BUT I don't have the money right now to get a new one. So that's why I post at work, quicker and easier that way. Wish I had a closer relationship with Santa Claus. lol

    ReplyDelete

Reading your comments inspires me to blog more.