Leaves on this Family Tree

Withering Away

Monday, October 31, 2011

One of the Most Special Days of the Year

I know that most of you,
like myself,
will be celebrating Halloween this evening.
But,
I'll have something special
in the back of my mind.
Today would have been Dad's
94th birthday!
1st thing I did this morning was
look heavenward and said,
"Happy Birthday, Dad."
It always makes me smile.
Then, we received out mail,
WAY TOO EARLY
in the morning,
and we received 2 Halloween cards
from my only 2 cousins.
On the inside of Debbie's card
she wished Dad a
Happy Birthday . . .
and added,
"We miss you."
Made my day!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DAD ! ! ! ! !
(you were such a cutie
when you were young.)

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday to your Dad. He was a handsome man! He must have been so proud of you. He has a good daughter!

    Happy Halloween also!

    ReplyDelete

Reading your comments inspires me to blog more.