Leaves on this Family Tree

Withering Away

Monday, December 26, 2011

Christmas Day Projects

Well, perhaps I should say project, without the "s."

I don't know if I have told you this but my youngest nephew, Matt, and his wife Julie are expecting their 1st in June.

When I talked to my brother's family on Christmas Eve, Matt asked me what I was doing. To his surprise, I said, "Working on a gift for Baby Gaumer."


I think I really caught him off guard. When I finish my  complete Baby Elf Stocking Advent Swag, I will post a picture. Anyway, I was working on one of the stockings . . . I think I have 10 more to do now. But, I am thinking of getting some new yarn and making them more colorful.

On Christmas Day, I wanted to make something different. I call these my Ugly Baby Bibs. You all know that mothers always get these pretty, sweet little bibs that are totally ruined once they are spit up or "fooded" on.

Well, these are for those sick, spit up, messy food days. They can take the gross stuff that comes out of a baby's mouth . . . or nose . . . and  not ruin them. Then, momma can use them to wipe up the mess after baby is done eating.

Now, how cool is that . . a great-auntie who cares enough to help clean up baby's mess.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reading your comments inspires me to blog more.