Leaves on this Family Tree

Withering Away

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Today is a Day That is Filled With Surprises


Yeppers,
today is THE BIG DAY!

61 years ago today
moi was born.

Or,
I suppose I could say,
today is the 60th anniversary of
my 1st birthday party!
When I looked at the picture
of Lee (4 years, 1 month, 6 days older) and I,
I noticed that Mom had her good dishes out.
Makes me smile
that she did it for my 1st birthday . . .
and it didn't make
a diddle-quats worth of matter to me.
Shoot,
I probably wondered what was going on!

Every year,
when I wake up,
I sing two songs . . . normally to myself.

1st: Today is a Day That is Filled With Surprises
which was the song that Jimmy sang
on the old,
and I mean OLD, as in original,
Mickey Mouse Club
Anything Can Happen Day.

No, I don't sing ALL of it,
just the beginning, "Today is a day that is filled with surprises."
Then, ALL DAY,
this is the melody I have running around in my brain.
2nd: The Beatles Birthday Song
Wanna Sing it with me today?
If you don't know the words
they are below the video.
You say it's your birthday
It's my birthday too--yeah
They say it's your birthday
We're gonna have a good time
I'm glad it's your birthday
Happy birthday to you.
Yes we're going to a party party
Yes we're going to a party party
Yes we're going to a party party.
I would like you to dance--Birthday
Take a cha-cha-cha-chance-Birthday
I would like you to dance--Birthday
Dance
You say it's your birthday
Well it's my birthday too--yeah
You say it's your birthday
We're gonna have a good time
I'm glad it's your birthday
Happy birthday to you.
Saturday morning I woke up
and said to my hubby,
"Husband, in 3 more days I will be
6 months away from applying for Social Security."
LOLOL . . .
what a funny way to look at my birthday.
So, I guess this is the
NEXT to the BIG ONE!
See, the government already has my picture
with my 1st check in hand.
 Next year, I shall become wealthy . . .
thank you US govt. and
the Social Security Administration.
ROFLMFAO ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !
Now,
go eat
 ice cream



 and

cake
for me.





 
With my luck,
the hubby will forget to make the required
boxed Angel Food cake today!
But, if I'm lucky,
I can still find some peppermint ice cream,
the other required element,
for a perfect day!

Oh, I forgot to tell you.
One year on MOther's Day,
Mom gave me a pair of Garnet Stud earrings.
When I asked her why, her response was,
"Without you and Lee, I wouldn't be a Mother."

Now,
how cool was that?

5 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday!!!

    I'm still enjoying the yarn you sent me last year as part of your birthday celebration, so I've been Happy Birthday-ing you all year long. =D (Does the teacher in you hate my made up word?) ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How is it that I missed your day again?

    Happy Birthday Paula

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Mindy and Denise . . . had a great, lazy birthday. Only thing that would have made it better would be to have Mom and Dad still with me to celebrate :0{

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday Paula! I hope Gene makes your birthday cake, though I'm sure he will because, well....he's Gene, and he loves you! Hope you have a wonderful day my friend!!xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh CRUD!!! It was yesterday! Well shoot...I hope it was a good one! Happy Belated Birthday! Leo says 'woof woof woof!!' (Happy Happy Birthday in dog speak) lol

    ReplyDelete

Reading your comments inspires me to blog more.