Leaves on this Family Tree

Withering Away

Thursday, June 28, 2012

National Pride

Our June Itsy Bitsy Swap and Chat swap is called National Pride. We could send our partner something in the colors of our country, or the colors in the Olympic Flag.

I chose to make soething in Red, White and Blue. I am so proud to be an American that I love sharing our colors.

This is what I am sending. I tied it to the swing to see what it looked like, and I like it.

Here is a close-up of the three middle hearts.

My swapping partner is a fan of lavender and pinks. So I made several hearts of lavender, white and a combo of the two for her. I didn't string them together. I am going to send some 1/8" ribbon with her package so she can arrange them to her liking . . maybe even hang them alone.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

I forgot to post this earlier. The husband made one of my all time favorite summer salads . . . lime jello with cole slaw mix in it . . . cool and crunchy.

If you have never had it, you need to try it . . .

2 packages of Jello (my favs are lime, lemon and orange)
1 package prepared slaw mix

Using an 8" x 8" glass pan, make the jello according to the directions, as it starts to jell, add some of the slaw mix . . . you want it to be in the top part of the jello, not fall to the bottom.

Let me know if you try the salad and what you think.

1 comment:

  1. I love your hearts, so dainty and pretty, I'm into red white and blue but mine is vintage UK. Love to see your work, you are so very clever.

    ReplyDelete

Reading your comments inspires me to blog more.