Leaves on this Family Tree

Withering Away

Monday, August 13, 2012

SCRUM-DIDDLY-ICIOUS!!!!!

Heaven
I'm in heaven
And my heart beats
So that I can hardly speak
And I seem to find
The happiness I seek
When we're out together
Dancing cheek to cheek.

Well, not exactly dancing cheek to cheek,
but I am in heaven!


I have had an Angel Food cake mix
staring me in the face for the last week.
This evening,
it broke me down.

So, while we were eating supper
I watched the cake bake.

I have, what is called,
a 5 pound loaf pan.
I just LOVE it for making loaves of
whatever I am  making.

SO I kept watching the cake rise,
and rise,
and rise,
until the left side fell over the edge
and landed on the foil lined baking sheet.

YEAH ! ! ! !
I so LOVE the brown top of the cake . . .
so, the more that falls over the edge,
the more I get to eat . . .
the husband prefers his angel food cake
sliced.

I know why I love it.
When Dad made an Angel Food cake,
he would always cut off the brown top
that rose above the pan.
Then, he and the brother and I
would share what he cut off.

SCRUM-DIDDLY-ICIOUS!!!!!
The piece of cake you see on the foil
is almost gone.
I had to try it out and make sure
 it was edible for the husband :0}

5 comments:

  1. Since you survived and posted - I guess it was okay to eat! Looks yummy - where are the strawberries?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We've eaten all of the "darker" pieces from the baking sheet . . and I had to tear the darker piece from the right side of the cake.

      Wish we had some peppermint ice cream . . that is my FAVORITE "accessory" for ANgel Food cake.

      No strawberries . . but we do have some gigantic blackberries that are rather tasty.

      LOLOL

      Delete
  2. OH MY GOSH! I want some right now!!!!! Do you hear me???? Right now -- not tomorrow -- right now! It does look scrumdidlyumptious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had to hurry and see because I just KNEW you were talking about food. Do you know I have never made Angel Food cake? And I love it too. I had no clue that it falls over the side like that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks yummy. I have some lemon curd you could put on it! I am out of scones... I guess I will have to make some more. :( Your angel food cake looks really yummy. What a good mommma you are, taste testing it to make sure it was okay like that. LoLoL.. :P I love it.

    ReplyDelete

Reading your comments inspires me to blog more.