Leaves on this Family Tree

Withering Away

Sunday, August 19, 2012

Sunday Breakfast with Bridget

I have GOT to get Miss Bridget's gifts to her parents before she is born. But, in all honesty, I know I won't. Since retirement, 6 years ago, I have become a worse procrastinator than I ever was.

Now, if I MUST do something, I do get it done. That used to drive Mom nuts . . . but she said I always got it done before I needed to. Wish I was one of those organized people who got things done early and out of the way, but, alas, I am not.

After breakfast this morning, I made Bridget a hair pretty. She will probably have to grow into it. I don't know where to find the smaller versions of these clips for babies. Do any of you mommas know where I can find them?

Told the husband this morning that I have become the "Omelet Queen." He is the cook/chef, but a couple weeks ago I took up the making of the Sunday omelet's. I can't remember why or how I started, but I'm good! {said patting myself on the back}

I do make the husband saute the filling (fresh mushrooms, garlic and maybe a little onion). He does that a LOT better than me.

Then I step in . . . eggs with herbs of choice, pan and spatula. I almost feel like the Swedish Chef from the Muppet's . . . borka, borka, borka . . .

Here are the end results from today. First, the husbands breakfast:

Notice the nice muffins? Well, wait until you see mine:

I told him I'd take the one that broke. Oh, see the strawberry jam on mine? That was made when Miss Elizabeth's momma was waiting for her to be born. She gave me a jar when we were home in June and this was the first time I was hungry for something sweet on bread.

Hope you all have a great day. I shall spend mine working on Miss Bridget's blanket and the sil's prayer shawl.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reading your comments inspires me to blog more.