Leaves on this Family Tree

Withering Away

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Softly Spring 9" Squares Swap Joined and Edged

Yeppers, the title says it . . joined and finished.

I have been in afghan square swaps in the Vanna's Choice Fan Club on Ravelry for three or four years, and I think I have only completely finished (that means joined and edged) one other blanket, and that one went to a fund raiser for a little girl's family . . . she was going through cancer treatment and the family was almost broke. If I would be brave enough, I would look in the plastic folding box that sits at the bottom of our stairs, behind the front door, I'll bet I could put two or three more together. 

But, that will have to wait . . . I am busy patting myself on the back for finishing this one. 

Be prepared for photo overload :)
All blocks were from this Vanna's Choice color palette:
 White,Chocolate,Olive, Soft Pink and Pink

Taken on a cloudy day . . . but I needed a flat, total pix.

Isn't it gorgeous in the sun?

I think this will be a baby blanket . . size is right
and so many baby girls are wearing the pink and brown combination.

SIMPLE, SIMPLE, SIMPLE edging . . .
Rnd 1: sc all the way around . . 3 sc in each corner.
Rnd 2: Ch 1, sc in same st, *ch 1, sk 1, sc in next st* repeat from * to * around , 3 sc in corner.
Rnd 3: Ch 1, sc in same st, *sk 2, 7 trc in next st, sk 2, sc in the next st,* repeat around, 3 sc in corner
(1 sc may be there from the pattern.)
Rnd 5: Sc in each trc around, 3 sc in the corner.
 If you desire, in the 4th trc, make a picot where you make your sc, ch 3, sl st in sc.


These are the squares I made to send out along with their names.
Aztec Medallion

Cobblestone Courtyard #2


Hearts All Around

Hibiscus Flower

Hint of Spring

Catherine's Rose

Katherine's Rose, again, but I wanted to show ff the depth in the square.

9 Patch Granny

Peppermint Mocha
If memory serves me right . . .
all patterns are available on Ravelry for FREE ! ! ! ! !

4 comments:

  1. Very beautiful! I love all those different grannies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks great!
    I would love for you to share and link up at my TGIF Link Party. The party is open every Thursday night and closes Wednesday's at midnight.

    http://apeekintomyparadise.blogspot.com/
    Have a wonderful week!
    Hugs, Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your cute squares! I love pink and brown together, and I featured your squares at this week's Submarine Sunday Link Party!

    Navy Wifey Peters @ Submarine Sunday Link Party

    ReplyDelete

Reading your comments inspires me to blog more.