Leaves on this Family Tree

Withering Away

Thursday, July 11, 2013

Flower Update

Garden Pictures
from July 4th.

LOVE my "cemetery" flower bed.
The flag is new.
We found it at a market/garden shop.
I love the WELCOME HOME
and the veterans boots and rick sack on the porch.

Earlier in the day,
I took these at dusk,
all of the moss rose were in full bloom.

I REALLY cut the Butterfly Bush back this spring.
Guess it didn't  hurt it,
the blooms came out full 
and the shape looks just right . . . 
for this year, at least :)

Pretty, Pretty Front Yard.
Hoping it says WELCOME
to those walking by.

Easter Lilies,
yes, the ones bought for the church alter on Easter.
These come from a plant my mother-in-law
received one Easter.
The blooms, on their best day,
looked like fried eggs . . . 
clean, crisp white with a yellow yolk center.

Cucumbers on the left and green beans on the right.
I know, we planted late,
but, hopefully, we will get a decent crop.

2 comments:

  1. Your garden looks good, love your flowers. The blue flower you asked about is Lobia, I have plants every where, they are trailing, but at this point they are upright, hope as they get bigger they will drape over my pots. Have a good weekend. xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your yard! The pictures are great and yes, it does look welcoming.

    We planted late too, so don't feel bad! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Reading your comments inspires me to blog more.