Leaves on this Family Tree

Withering Away

Sunday, September 15, 2013

Sock Monkey Hat and Toy

LOVE Facebook . . . keeps me in contact with friends and relatives in back home and with friends who have moved away from home.

I am totally surprised at the number of former students who have "friended" me. I always figured most of my students would high tail it when they saw my name, but, as they  have grown up and had children of their own, they have finally realized  what I was doing and have come to appreciate it.

This being said, I posted pictures of the cat nip toys I sent to  our local maternity shelter for Penny's Life Fund, to help out with her medical bills and with the 10 puppies this 7 year old beagle gave birth to last week. (If you have love for fur-babies . . this would be a good place to make a donation.) One of my former students asked me if I made Sock Monkeys. She wanted one for a photo shoot of her three week old baby.

My answer, "Well, of course I do." And my neighbor told her she could verify that I make great sock monkeys . . . I have made them as cat nip toys for her 2 cats and her mother's cats.

I showed her the pattern that Red Heart has for Sock Monkey ornaments . . . she liked it, but, of course, I had to make my own pattern for her.

I posted a picture and she loved it . . . and today I realized I had forgotten to give it any ears . . but she still loved it.

Added ears today . . . and it makes me smile. Reminds me of Tom Smith . . . a kid I went to school with who had ears he had to grow into . . maybe I'll name the monkey TOM!  LOLOL


Not the best picture . . . but you get the idea . . . aren't those ears the cutest thing?

After I showed her the non-eared finished monkey, I thought to myself, "Hum . . . if she wants it as a prop for a photo shoot, I think I'll make a matching hat for her daughter as a surprise for her."

I asked her to give me her daughter's head size and away I went. This is the end result.


Not the best picture, but I think it will look adorable on her baby for a picture with her mini sock monkey.

If she posts pictures of her little girl with the hat on and the monkey, I'll post them for all of you to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reading your comments inspires me to blog more.