Leaves on this Family Tree

Withering Away

Sunday, December 15, 2013

First REAL Snow

We had some snow earlier in the week. As a matter of fact, when I went out to clear the front steps Friday afternoon, of the white stuff, I found the ground before I found the bottom step . . . I wiped out and went "ass over apple cart" into the snow that was there :(
Isn't Indy the prettiest thing?
I took this picture today,
15 December 2013.
Look at how
 she automatically crosses her paws
 when she lies down.

Actually, it wasn't all that bad, I just got snow all over my clothes, and we were going to a concert (Spyro Gira, a jazz ensemble from the 1970's) with my SIL and her hubby. So I go inside and tell the husband to meet me in the bathroom . . he gave me the funniest look, but followed me in saying, "What do you want me in the bathroom for?"

When I turned on the light, I said, "I need a clothes brusher for my backside."

I had snow all down the back and side of my right pant leg, and down the side of my right arm . . . so, I spent the first part of the evening (dinner at a local pub  . . Friday Night Fish Fry and they had PERCH . . . which is what I ALWAYS had in Indiana at the Fish Fries there.) with wet pants and a damp shirt.

But, all in all, the concert was great so, I guess, the fall and clean steps made the evening worthwhile . . . at least, it made them clear for the snow that started overnight Friday/Saturday.

It snowed, light, fluffy flakes all day Saturday and this is what we ended up with today.


I thought this would give you an idea of the depth of the snow.
Indy was enjoying being able to smell the ground.
She LOVES the snow, but it throws her "smeller" off.

One of our neighbors, across the street, came over and snow-blowed the driveway and front sidewalk. You can tell in the picture he even cleaned a path to the back door and to the passenger door of the van.

He will DEFINITELY get some early Christmas cookies and Chex Mix as a thank you from us.


Talk about "Christmas-y" front steps!
You can see I cleaned myself a path
and I did it C*A*R*E*F*U*L*L*Y!

Before I cleaned off the front steps, again, this time from the bottom up so I wouldn't wipe out again, I took Indy to the back yard for a run . . . she is SUCH A SNOW DOG!




The rest of the day has been quiet. I spent most of the afternoon with Abigail . . . every once in a while she gets the urge to lay on my chest like she did as a kitten. I just can't tell her no. She is an older lady, so I am always worried it might be our last nuzzling time.



When she first came to live with me, she would crawl up on my left shoulder and lie over my left breast. I wonder if she could hear or feel my heart beat? To this day, she still lays with her head on my left side.

4 comments:

  1. No snow over here, and no promised for Christmas, just rain and winds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always found that it isn't the fall that hurts -- it's the landing. Hope you aren't hurting in places you shouldn't! Been thinking about how much snow you have by now and wish I were there. My grass is barely covered by the pretty white stuff. Merry Christmas Paula!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you aren't sore now from falling. We haven't had hardly any snow here yet. But it sure is cold.

    (Jetta and Duke came over to see Indy when I watched the video. Lol) Looks like she loves the snow. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You okay after your fall? It always amazes me how in an instant we can be on our bums. :o)
    Indy and Abigail...so sweet.
    Paula I hope you have a very Merry Christmas!!!

    ReplyDelete

Reading your comments inspires me to blog more.