Leaves on this Family Tree

Withering Away

Tuesday, February 18, 2014

I just HAD to show this off.

It is a cross stitched gift for a dear friends grand daughter.

Her daughter and son-in-law had tried several different avenues to become pregnant . . . none worked. So they decided on an open adoption. This took a year or so, but Miss L was born this past spring. Mom, Dad, dog, cat and Miss L are a very happy family.

When they started their quest for a baby, they also started a blog. The quote I used was the one they had on the blog. I just loved it when I first read it and had to make a pattern of it. I knew I wanted a world map to accentuate the saying. All I had to do was wait to see where they baby would be born to add the thread and needle. 

When Miss L was born, I couldn't find this. I was SO disappointed! I knew it was somewhere in the house, but where? I searched all possible places and no luck. That was when I decided I would just let it go, make her something else and, one day, when it showed itself, I would get it framed and give it to her.

As luck would have it, I found it after Thanksgiving. I mailed it to a friend who has a frame shop in my hope town. She asked me, via Facebook, what I wanted her to do. I said I trusted she and her husband to make it beautiful, which they did. Then call Miss L's grandma, who still lives there, to deliver it.

I got the message on Facebook today, from grandma, with the photo, saying thank you and that it was on the pile to be taken when they see Miss L the next time.

Now, all I need to do is find the pattern for this so I can make it again.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Reading your comments inspires me to blog more.