1 lb Green Beans, trimmed
¼ C Water
2 tsp Olive Oil
¼ tsp Salt
¼ tsp Ground Pepper
1/3 C Blue Cheese, crumbled
1/3 C Walnuts or Almonds, toasted and chopped
1. In a large skillet, bring green beans and water to a boil.
2. Reduce heat to a simmer, cover and cook until the beans are just tender, 3 min.
3. Uncover and continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until the water has evaporated, 3– 4 min more.
4. Add oil, salt and pepper to the pan and cook, stirring, 1 minute more.
5. Transfer the beans to a large bowl and toss with blue cheese until well coated.
6. Sprinkle each serving with nuts.
Here is what was on tonight's menu.
green beans almondine with blue cheese
roasted green peppers
rough salad made with tomato, cucumber and radish
multi grained dinner roll