Leaves on this Family Tree

Withering Away

Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Hear Ye! Hear Ye!


Tonight Gene started reading something to me, which is a recurring event in our household. After 15 years I have finally gotten pretty good about looking like I am listening, "Uh-huh-ing" at the right time, etc.

Well, tonight he said, "Are you listening?" I decided I better start.

So he starts rereading a letter that tells me I have won 2nd place in the Vanna's Choice Contest. (For those of you not in the USA, Vanna's Choice is a worsted weight yarn sold by Lion Brand.)

I just sat her dumbfounded . . . I didn't see a letter from Lion Brand. This envelope had come from a marketing company. I(f I had looked carefully at the envelope I might have thrown it away, not knowing who it was from. Glad it got in Gene's pile of mail today.

Here is what I entered. My bag and 2 of the fish for the game "Goin' Fishin' a Learning Game."





The letter said that once i send in the required information. I would receive approx $100 worth of yarn chosen by the sponsor. I can't wait to see what colors they pick. This is my favorite yarn . . the only one that doesn't dry my hands out.

Will let all of you know more when I receive the yarn.

1 comment:

  1. WooHoo for you! Congrats! Thank goodness Gene got your mail and not you this time!

    ReplyDelete

Reading your comments inspires me to blog more.