Leaves on this Family Tree

Withering Away

Sunday, June 29, 2014

A Hat for Pony Tails

If you haven't figured it out yet
I LOVE, 
I mean I TOTALLY  LOVE
making baby and toddler clothes
out of crochet thread.

My only problem is . . . 
the English/American patterns
are very few
and very far between.

I found a crocheter on Ravelry
who makes her hats from thread.
I fell in love with her "Ice Cream" hat.

I haven't made it yet,
but it is on my "to do" list.

But,
I digress . . . 
When I was conversing with her,
which is a little difficult
since she reads and writes in Russian
so she has to translate my writing 
and we all know that everything doesn't
translate great.

But, by and by, I let her know
that I would LOVE to test any patterns she makes.
And she offered to let me test her "Hat for Pony Tails."

These are the results of my 1st test.
Well, really my 2nd test . . . 
the first one I made from Fashion 3 thread
and it would have fit an adult,
which doesn't work when I was crocheting for a toddler:)

I changed to Bernat Handicrafter Crochet Thread
and it worked PERFECT.

Isn't it interesting how the "wings" form the opening for the pony tails?
Doesn't it resemble the pattern for the "Angle Wing" dress>

To check sizes when I make hats,
I place the hats on Styrofoam balls . . . this ball is 18"
so I know the hat will fit my 2 year old toddler great niece.

Hope she lets me test more . . . 
Miss E will be able to update'her hat collection :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reading your comments inspires me to blog more.