Leaves on this Family Tree

Withering Away

Sunday, July 6, 2014

"Berry" Delicious Pie

This past week,
our local grocery store
had "Buy 2 get 3 Free"
on Blueberries, Raspberries and Strawberries.

Being summer,
this was too good to pass up . . .
I didn't want to just eat shortcakes and muffins
so I got out a recipe I  have had so long
that the magazine page it is on has yellowed.


This is the end result . . . 
can you believe how high it mounded?

Berry Delicious Pie
1 (14 oz) can of Eagle Brand Sweetened Condensed Milk
                       (I used the lite/low fat/whatever it is called)
1/2 C Lemon Juice (I used generic out of a bottle)
1.5 - 2 Cups of mixed berries
1 (8 oz) container of Frozen non-dairy whipped topping, thawed
1 Ready Made Pie Crust 
        (I used a graham cracker but I am sure chocolate would be good too.)

1. Mix the first 2 ingredients, combine well.
2. Mix in berries.
3. Fold in whipping cream
4. Place in pie crust
5. Place in freezer for 5 hours, or until set.
6. Let thaw 30 - 40 minutes before serving. Freeze any remaining pie.

I'll post a picture tomorrow of what it looks like when it's cut.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reading your comments inspires me to blog more.