Leaves on this Family Tree

Withering Away

Thursday, August 7, 2014

Refrigerator Pickles

Don't know if you have figured this out yet
but
I am NO WHERE CLOSE
to being a domestic goddess.
Heavens, 
I am no where close to being anything domestic!

BUT, this past weekend
I actually helped the hubster with two recipes.

This post is for Refrigerator Pickles

Since I didn't take a pix I tried to find one that looks like ours.
Combine the following Veggies
      7 C Sliced Cucumbers
      1 C Sliced Onion
      1 Green Pepper, finely sliced

Combine the following Marinade ingredients
      2 C Sugar
      1 C White Vinegar
      1 T Salt
      1 tsp Celery Seed
      1 tsp Mustard Seed

Mix marinade well 
HINT: We heated ours to help the sugar "melt" into the vinegar. 

Pour Marinade over veggies and mix well.

Cover and refrigerate for, at least, 24 hours.

HINT: we put the veggies in a 1 gallon zip lock bag and poured the marinade over them. Placed it in the fridge and turned it over several times during the 24 hour "rest" period.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reading your comments inspires me to blog more.