Leaves on this Family Tree

Withering Away

Saturday, April 2, 2016

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year

This was a LONG week.
No  idea why, but it was.
I think I had more jammy days this week
than I have since before I met Gene.
No photos available.
It was NOT a pretty sight :)


But, speaking of a pretty sight
I've been able to look at these
two pots of hyacinths this week.
All of you who know hyacinths
know how WONDERFUL they smell
and these two did not disappoint.

I don't know if you can tell
but they are beside our stairs.
So first thing in the morning,
as we are coming down the stairs
their wonderful aroma lets us know that spring IS here.
Even though our weather forecast
call for snow between 5:00 pm tonight
and 5:00 pm Sunday :)


And, yes, my fingers have been busy.
I call this my 2nd Doily for Roswell.
Might change the name,
not sure.

Last night I finished the pink and gray.
I wasn't sure how much I would like it.
I had envisioned the pink going out to the edge,
but it, sort of, faded out.
So I frogged a couple of rows and went back to the gray.
Glad I did.

2 comments:

  1. No more snow, you need spring to arrive, we had a sunny warm day here, it's 16.53 and getting cold, but it has been lovely. Those flowers do smell lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I almost bought some hyacinths for Easter! But I ended up buying an Easter Lily. Hyacinths are so pretty. And your doily is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Reading your comments inspires me to blog more.