Leaves on this Family Tree

Withering Away

Sunday, July 10, 2016

Tonawanda Garden Walk

I finally decided to sign us up . . . better late than never. Now I wish I had signed us up years ago. Perhaps knowing we were going to be a part of the Garden Walk in our small town would have gotten me motivated to update the back yard flower beds.

Oh well . . . live and learn.

As I look at this photo I realize that the neighbors house really makes our house and yard look better.

"A" Best, Inc. is the major sponsor fr the Garden Walk so we all have their signs in our yard with the Garden Walk sign.

You can see the lights in the three hanging baskets and around the tower on the left of the garden. There are also lights around the pedestal flowers on the right of the steps AND around the additional top sign on the garden walk sign.

Not only did I volunteer our yard for the Garden Walk but I volunteered us for the Lighted Garden Walk this Friday night . . . from 8:30 to 10:30 pm. 

I had wanted to get some battery operated lights for the hanging pots earlier this year but I could not find any. When we got our Lighted top for our Garden Walk sign they had thee lights on them. I asked where they got them and the next day that store was our first stop. We bought 8 sets of lights for $3.99 each. Then we found three metal tea light candle holders on sale so we bought them too.


Now, we have lights for the night time walk on Friday.




I am just hoping the Rudbeckia in the middle of the bed and the Geraniums in the hanging baskets are blooming by the Daylight Walk on Saturday. from 10:00 am to 4:00 pm.



Will let you all know how everything turns out :) 

2 comments:

Reading your comments inspires me to blog more.