Leaves on this Family Tree

Withering Away

Saturday, July 20, 2019

Busy Week Doing Nothing

This is for Marlene . . . What is a Coneflower? That's a good question. Easiest way to explain  my be to say they look like a daisy but with different colored petals. Oh, the butterflies and bees just LOVE THEM.

Most of ours are in front of the deck. There is a yellow one and a couple purple ones (my  favorite) in the Butterfly Garden in the corner of the yard.





Mr Bee and Mrs Bee decided to take a meal on this Coneflower.



The front yellow plant is a Coneflower. 
The yellow with the black center on the right 
is a False Sunflower.
There is some orange and yellow toward the back, 
those are Butterfly Weed.

Butterfly Garden includes Daisies, Purple Coneflowers, 
White Butterfly Bush and Gene planted Zinnias in the front as a border.





We bought this Coneflower because the pot 
had orange, red and yellow flowers in it.

Last year we only sat on the deck one day . . . it was SO HOT all summer. This year we have had a temperatures in the 80's-90's F (heat index, during the day, in the lower 100 degree F) the last week or two. From what the weather people on TV say it is supposed to get better on Sunday. I hope so.

Earlier in the summer I sat out and swang several times and Gene sat at the table under the umbrella. Haven't eaten outside yet and I miss that.

I forgot this. It has been too hot for Gene to go out and check his
veggies: green beans, pees, cucumbers, tomatoes, green peppers, red peppers, radishes and onions. Today he went out to check out on a rose he planted to see that I wasn't nuts, he did have a red rose blooming on it. He went over to the veggie garden and this is what he brought in.


One last thing . . . Gene my niece and I went to a Pop A Cork And Paint last Wednesday. Lauren brought a HUMONGOUS Zucchini
from her garden to me . . . told me point blank it wasn't for sexual use . . .  I almost lost it. So glad she and I are close enough (she is in her late 30's) that we can kid about that. Now I don't like the taste of zucchini EXCEPT in Zucchini Bread and Zucchini Custard Pie, so pie it was. (No comments about the crust . . . I have only made one homemade crust in my life and instead of doing that again I used my last frozen crust which had a broken edge.)

Finally broke down and bought a Kindle Fire for the books I read. I was hoping that with it I could start reading in bed again AND taking it out on the swing (when the temp gets cool enough it won't melt) to read. Took me three days to figure out I couldn't get it connected to our WiFi. I went online and found the help I needed. Each day I tried a different possibility . . . nada.

Finally on Day 4 I called out internet provider. "Thomas" who actually spoke English like someone born and raised in America so I could understand him. He checked our network, said it was working right. Then he told me to do two steps, exactly like I had done on Day 1, and it worked. Told him he was "magical". He told me anytime I need help fixing anything to call him. Asked it that included microwaves, stoves and ovens. He said, "Sure if they include WiFi."  LOLOL

1 comment:

  1. Your coneflowers are stunning, here I know them as echinacea, I don't grow them myself as they get huge and my garden is tiny.
    I have a friend who uses her zucchini in chocolate brownies, which I much prefer to eat.

    ReplyDelete

Reading your comments inspires me to blog more.