Leaves on this Family Tree

Withering Away

Thursday, September 12, 2019

Pop A Cork

Do you have "Pop-A-Cork and Paint" classes in your area? A girl I taught next door to for YEARS and who was a year behind me in high school retired the year I did, 2006. She had plans for her retirement, I just went with the flow.

A year or so before she retired she and her husband opened an art and framing gallery "Pear Tree Gallery." the name is from their surname, Partridge. She said she had the name picked out for years just waiting for the right time.

My niece, who is the resident artist in the family, and I started taking the classes a year ago. I like the class BUT I also enjoy spending a couple hours a month with Lauren.

Here are our results.


I've always liked the combo of sun and moon.

Mine is the one on the left.
The one on the right was given to me by a school friend.

My artist niece Lauren and me.

This was a class my school friend wanted and invited her friends to it.

Lauren and I again.

Guess what month this was for?
I made my own version of these for my 2 cousins,
2 nieces and 2 nephews for Christmas.

From L->R: Lauren, me and Gene

Lauren contemplating her next move.

I goofed my eyes so I gave my cow a "Joe Cool" vibe
while Gene's cow is giving mine the stink eye.

Hummingbirds was the theme.
Mine, on the right, is a Narwhal in the disguise of a Hummingbird.


Why did Teri catch me in a smirk :(

Lauren and I again. These were supposed to be summer flowers.
Mine was supposed to be a yellow Coneflower.

When Lauren saw the "body" print I picked out she said,
"Aunt Paula, that will fit in your house."
Here it is with my Patio Door curtains.

Here it is with my Bedroom curtains.

Living room curtains.

Mine on the left Gene's on the right.
                                              

1 comment:

  1. Love your art work, any I do would just look like blobs. I love your snowman.

    ReplyDelete

Reading your comments inspires me to blog more.