Leaves on this Family Tree

Withering Away

Wednesday, October 1, 2008

The World Is a Better Place...Almost

Ah, yes. The world IS a better place .... almost. Yesterday I found out that out email was not working. It works if we go to Verizon but not with Windows Mail. Everything in the setup looks the same. Neither Gene nor I have touched it so who knows what is wrong with that.

Yesterday I also received a message when I went to MS Word that out free trial period had run out. Well, it seems like I use it more now than I did when I was teaching .... cutting and pasting FREE crochet patterns so I can keep them. If I didn't do this, I would have no idea where my patterns were... the way I lose them. This way, I know I always have back-ups.

So today we went to BJ's and I bought the MS Office Student edition. It was on sale so we saved $30.00. Now THAT was a highlight. But it gets worse before it gets better.

Gene tried to put it in tonight, at least 4 if not more times, and it kept telling him the product key was incorrect. Really pissed him off ... as it would have me! So, he finally came upstairs and we ate supper.

I had to come downstairs to check Yahoo mail. I went to Verizon to check email there and it worked form e ... I didn't tell Gene that yet. He had tried that earlier and it wouldn't let him in. We must have has over 50 messages.

Then, I to tried to install MS Office. It told me three times I had the wrong product key..... now I know I typed it in write.... so I try one more time, this time with a magnifying glass Dad had that, thankfully, I kept. When I read the key, it looks like instead of an "8" in one position it could be a "B." SO, I try "B" and miracle of miracle, I get a green check mark that tells me it was accepted.

WHEW! I sure didn't want to take the disc back and try with another one. I knew with out luck it still wouldn't work.

Now, all we have to do is figure out why the Windows Mail isn't working like it should.

Until then ~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reading your comments inspires me to blog more.