Leaves on this Family Tree

Withering Away

Monday, March 22, 2010

Beef and Sour Cream / My Comfort Food

It's time to post
my#1 favorite
comfort food
along with
LOTS of pictures
to make your mouth water.

*~*~*~*~*~ INGREDIENTS ~*~*~*~*

1# Round Steak (cut for stir fry)

1 Onion (cut into rings)
size of onion depends on your LOVE of onions

1 small can Mushroom Stems and Pieces

8 oz Beef Broth

1/4 C Flour seasoned with
Garlic Powder, Salt & Pepper

1/2 tsp Thyme

1 small box Frozen Peas

8 oz Sour Cream

*~*~*~*~ Recipe ~*~*~*~*
1. Make sure meat is cut in bite sized pieces.

2. Dredge meat in "seasoned flour"
Quickly brown in skillet.

3. Add Onions , Beef Broth and liquid from Mushrooms.
* (I caramelized the onions 1st this time and it worked/tasted better than ever.)



4. Add Thyme.



5. Simmer for 45 minutes



6. Add frozen peas and heat.



6. Add sour cream and mix well



7. Serve over Mashed Potatoes, Noodles or Rice.


Serves 6 (+/-).
Can be frozen WITHOUT Sour Cream.

Signed,
Man I LUVS This Meal

1 comment:

  1. It looks yummy! So yummy. Yummy, yummy warming comfort food. I'm on my way... ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Reading your comments inspires me to blog more.