Leaves on this Family Tree

Withering Away

Monday, March 1, 2010

Crying in my Molson!

If you drink beer,
you will know
what
"Crying in my Molson" means.


If not
it is a reference
to "Crying in my Beer."


I tried to get two more items finished
for the Ravelympics
and came up short.


On the Babette Blanket
I ran out of Blue yarn.
This is what it looks like now.
Sequence for completing:
1st ~ Big square (12" +/-)
2nd ~ Two medium squares (6" +/-) on the right
3rd ~ 4 Smaller squares(4" +/-) and 2 tiny squares(2" +/-) on the top
4th ~ Two mediums, 1 small and 1 tiny on the left.
Right now
the size is 24" x 16" (+/-).


On the Baby Cocoon
It was all whopper-jawed.
For some unknown reason
the circumference
was getting
bigger
and bigger
and bigger
each round.


Yet,
there were
the same
number of stitches
in the last row
as the first.

GO FIGURE.


So,
I frogged the cocoon to the base
and started over.
(For the yarn virgins out there
frog means to rip . . .
as in "rip it. rip it,. rip it." Get it?)



Then I did a decrease every 6 stitches on the 1st round
every 5 stitches on the 2nd round
and later did another
round like round 1.



Now, instead of a baby cocoon
it resembles a baby basket.
But,
in the end
I thnk it will work.



I would post pictures
but they are still in the camera.




So, I will end up 2 Ralelympic
badges below
what I expected.



Oh Well . . . . . . . .
Stay tuned . . .
Same Bat Time
Same Bat Channel!




Signed,
Olympic Closing Ceremony Frogger

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reading your comments inspires me to blog more.