Leaves on this Family Tree

Withering Away

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Tote-a-Licious

The "bag" part of the tote, for the Tote-a-licious Swap  in out Itsy Bitsy Swap and Chat  group in Ravelry. 1/2 of one shoulder strap is done and have started on the "matching"  1/2 of the other strap. The first strap would probably be done, but I ran out of yarn so my modus apperandi (If anyone knows how to spell this last phrase . . let me know.) had to change.

I would say more, but Barb might be reading this posting on Facebook, so I can't say much except that I am SO PLEASED that the bag ended up the size it did. I had this bad feeling that it was going to end up to big, and it isn't. It will be a good size for carrying the pattern, several skeins of yarn and a crochet project.

So, it looks like all I need to do is finish the handles and make the pocket for the inside (to hold all of those th9ngs that you need to hold so they won't fall out the bottom.) Then, throw it in the washer and dryer, use the dog hair remover lint remover one last time and then box it up and ship it off to Australia . . with Barb's yarn from our yarn swap.

Last night's supper was delicious. We will have left-overs tonight. I am glad I married a man who likes left-overs as much as I do. The flavors seem to meld so much better with th second cooking. Usually, I make "left-over"meals a day early so that melded taste is there the 1st night.

I made 2 scissor fobs last night. They are different than any I have seen online . . . personal creativity sure works in strange ways :0} They are to be sent out in other swaps I am in, so I shall post pix when their owners receive them. I tried to include things that the receivers like so they are personalized. Perhaps, when I learn how to finish off the cross stitch "smalls" with the beaded edgings, I shall make a fob or two with those on them.

Time to leave for the afternoon . . Lark Rise to Candleford is on our PBS station and I so like this series.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reading your comments inspires me to blog more.